So after a couple dismal months my ratings appear to be up. The number of page views and of visitors, in fact, seem to be at all-time highs. At least they’re at highs for the past twelve months. I would like to think that the depressed readings of September and October — 708 page views and 381 visitors; 733 page views and 405 visitors, respectively — are behind me. November saw 1,215 page views and 519 visitors.
Some of this is an accident. My humor blog got a tidal wave of readers courtesy The Onion AV Club. The AV Club wrote up a piece about the sad end of the comic strip Apartment 3-G, and I’ve written a shocking amount about the soap strip. They mentioned me. And as I’ve used my comic strip posts there to mention my Reading the Comics series here, some curious people followed along.
That said, I’m not sure how many of those readers were AV Club curiosity-seekers. A crude estimate suggests somewhere a little over two hundred were. So even discounting that something near a thousand regular-style reders came in and looked around, and that’s nice to see. It’s back up to about where the readership was before the mysterious dropoff, in July, that many suspect results from mobile devices being incorrectly read.
For the roster of countries, well, the top was the United States as always, with some 837 page views. The United Kingdom came in with 62. The Canada appears third at 50 views, and the Philippines next at 20. The Singapore and the Australia tie at 19.
Single-reader countries this past month were Algeria, Argentina, Belgium, Egypt, Finland, Israel, Jamaica, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Puerto Rico, Romania, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam. Belgium, Nigeria, and Thailand are repeats from October. No country’s on a three-month streak.
The Reading the Comics posts are as ever the most popular group and I’ve bundled them under the one category tag. But my Ramsey Theory question turned out to be slightly more popular than any of them in November. After grouping together all the comics posts, the most popular articles look like:
- Why Was Someone Upset With Ramsey Theory In 1979? a question about a dimly remembered Dear Abby-class question.
- Reading the Comics, an ongoing series.
- How October Treated My Mathematics Blog, and yes, I risk an endless loop by mentioning this here.
- How Many Trapezoids I Can Draw and goodness it’s nice to see the trapezoids turning up again.
- How Antifreeze Works, one of my little pointers to someone else’s interesting writing.
Nothing really dominated my search term queries this month. Some of the things that turned up were:
- illustration of electromagnetic wave theory scientist comics strip
- james clerk maxwell comics (I’m not sure I have any of these; this suggests I ought to be finding some.)
- origin is the gateway to your entire gaming universe. (I’ve had this explained to me, but I forget what it means.)
- places 1975 miles from charlotte nc (I know of none specifically 1,975 miles away.)
- if i got 70 percent in all exams what grade do i need on final to pass course? (This I can help with.)
December starts with my blog here at 30,298 page views, and with 543 WordPress followers. I expect it’ll be overtaken in page views by my humor blog sometime soon.